Sunday 23 August 2015

Cropredy Village to Wormleighton Hill

22 August - you shouldn't brass off the crew

Up and about at 7am after a good nights sleep, a very quiet village even the church clock is not that loud.


On my walk this morning I meet a gentleman who had just opened up the church and he told me why the church was needing to be saved, it badly needs a new roof. They did some fund raising at last weekend at the Cropredy Festival and were able to raffle off tickets for 2016 Festival. http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/cropredy/2015  They have a long way to go. What a beautiful church.

In the pub yesterday we meet some people who came to the festival last weekend and were just leaving. They had arrived a month ago to get a good spot for the boat. If we had arrived last weekend we would not have been able to get through Cropredy easily and we certainly wouldn't have been able to stop.  What a beautiful village and what fantastic weather

We moved off through the 1st lock and the toys were tossed and a change of Skipper happened.
So on we went, It would sound like sour grapes if I said that the next locks were all against us and had to be emptied and filled and the day was hot and the sweat was blinding so I won't.
 Last lock I had to do for the day, he should have kept his mouth shut, I had a grand day driving.




I was making coffee for morning tea when I looked out the window and I saw the name Epiphany on a boat and the skipper John Slee who with his wife Fiona write a boating blog that I follow back home. But by the time I got topside they were gone around the corner, so close. If I had kept up with their blog I would have known to keep a better look out.






 
Now we are on the summit - no locks for 9 miles which means no more until tomorrow
  
We stopped for lunch at the Wharf Inn, a Cesar salad for Vicki, but not as we know it,4/10 Garlic prawns for me with fresh french bread 9/10 . The salad was 1/2 a lettuce some bacon and chicken and toast with cheese sprinkled on it. Back on the boat at 2pm and a Nana nap, and when it was cooler we moved on for an hour and moored on hooks at 4.45pm




You shouldn't take your eye off the comedy act explaining about the man land below




View for night, looks like weather could change

TOTAL - 8.5 miles, 8 locks


No comments:

Post a Comment